Monday, February 27, 2012

012: A new beginning.

A lot has changed recently in my life. The biggest acclomplishment that I would like to mention is that I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for my computer. That, and the mousepad cost $95 all together. It has influenced my (and Steve's idea) for a simplistic lifestyle.

We are going to be getting rid of the couches, the glass coffee table, the dining room table.. I may encourage him to get rid of the microwave as well, since we never use it. The only thing that we're upgrading is the bed from a queen to a king (late March) since we literally do not have enough room without bashing each other up in our sleep... Most of the time. On a more specific note though, we are looking for a lifestyle without much in the way.

We don't even use the couch, ever. We had bought a two people beanbag chair. It's starting to sink, but we enjoy it. It had 400kg of beans in it when we first bought it, and it was a major pain to carry on the train. That settled though, we'll be replacing the chairs and such with floor pillows (When we can find some good ones) and my computer desk is a side table with some napkins on it.
Major Ikea trip in late March, when our friend J arrives from Saskatchewan. He has a big truck. >.>

Anyway. I don't know where I left off on my last post. I just want to let everyone know that I did in fact, break up with Dan. 18yr age difference was too much to handle, especially if you both feel as you came from different worlds (Which we literally did) and your heart fell in the wrong place out of infatuation. It was a learning experience, and it had made me a better man. I am feeling much more in place than I ever did in the past and it can only get better, especially if we can talk out minor quarrels in the supermarket from us both being hungry. We had spent a week together in July 2010, and we automatically connected.
Dan and me had broken up in December of 2010 with Steve and myself moved in together. January and February of 2011 were both horrible, I literally became insane within myself and was breaking down once every two-three weeks. If you had met our ex-room-mate (He was giving us his basement, as long as we had registered and started going to University), you would have understood.
It became as bad as if I was half an hour late home from many errands I had done, then I wasn't allowed to eat and had a talking to of respect for others. That's not how you treat a (at the time) twenty-three year old. Sure, he may of been in the Army in the past, but with the women (and men) that he had as either friends or fuck buddies, they were all treated like shit. We even had his dog, "Mushie" turned against us at one time.

Talking about pets, we gave up 'Inukitsoq' or better known as 'Fatty' to a good family. I don't know how he is doing, but they seemed pretty promising that they wanted to take care of him. They also have three girls that will give him the attention that he lacked with us, and hopefully he could lose a few pounds. I hope the best for him.

After three long years at Starbucks, I had given up that position in my life, because there wasn't any promises about a promotion to become assistant manager, or a good life-work balance. I am now working in 'Ruth's Chris Steak House' (Website) as a server assistant, and I haven't had a more interesting work place. Sure, the people that worked at Starbucks had unique personalities, but at the same time - I could never get drunk with my co-workers after some shifts.

...Last staff party I ended up in the hospital for alcohol poisoning. I do not handle wine well.

My health has majorly improved. I am now able to work a lot more without being tired all the time, and the money is worth it at Ruth's Chris. My gingivitis has mostly disappeared and I am beginning to take care of my oral health a lot more. (The mouth controls most of the pain in your upper body, and being Poz, I have to take extra special care of this.)

For this time, that will be all. I will update in the near future. I know that Shay wants to hear from me (and seeing her link herself to my blog encouraged me to restart it.)

Until next time, γ˜γ‚ƒ、また~.

No comments:

Post a Comment