Thursday, November 5, 2009

003; A whiter shade of pale.

Jessie must be pissed at me. I do apologize that I haven't been able to get her phone in over a week, but I simply cannot get there with my work schedule and how I've been feeling... And Dan's annoying also sometimes, because he's going "Can't we get it another night?" My boss is scheduling me for the most random days too, with me finishing at 20:30, and then starting the next morning at 05:30. What. The. Fuck? She should learn how to properly schedule. Which means two weeks of opens, two weeks of closes and two weeks of mid-shifts. That's how it should go, and we should switch it around, expect Lena, 'cause of school.

Was thinking about getting a new job sometime, but I have to get a resume in first. I'm mainly concerned about the stability and how long I've been at a job before getting anything else. Starbucks may not be fantastic, but it does pay the little bills that I do have, thankfully I'm low maintenance and have little things to worry about. I need to get more food soon though. I have some holiday pay that I'm planning on using up sometime soon, with the impact of being by myself for a few days, and hopefully it'll be some time to get together with some friends that I've been trying to get with, but have been way too busy for, and I do apologize.

Why do I have a feeling that living alone is the thing that I'm becoming depressed by?

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Back-to-back openings and closes? You SHOULD be getting a raise! And yes she should switch it around a little bit more... unless she asks you because you're more dependable. Which again, enforces the fact that you do need a raise...

    I think that you seem pretty stable in your job right now, and that your boss would be too afraid to fire you. She does what she does because of the fact that she's afraid of you. Being angry and frustrated and defensive are signs that she feels inferior, and needs to soemhow enforce her superiority. Which is total bullshit. Although that's not the best way to go about a job, I think...

    I hope you do get to get your resume in tip-top shape. If you ever do decide to do so, I'd suggest checking out the youth employment centre on Macleod Trail and 10th Ave SE. They're a big help and cater to people until 24 years of age.

    As for the living alone thing... have you ever thought about moving in with Dan yet? Or maybe that could be too soon?

    ~Josh

    ReplyDelete